Mustang continues to offer best in class, well rounded offering.
07-03-08: Ford has released the following list of reasons why a 2009 Mustang is a great buy. We added number 10, because their list was only 9 reasons. Get it, 9 for a 2009? While many in America are facing economic strife for many reasons, Ford has some pretty substantive reasons why we should still keep Mustang in mind for a new car.
Even if gas mileage is your main concern, consider that the V6 model gets up to 26mpg. Sure that is not a 35mpg Focus, but if you are getting rid of a huge truck or SUV that only gets 13-14 mpg, you are still cutting your gas bill in half - and you get a Mustang to boot.
Past that, there are many accolades that the current Mustang has racked up from places like JD Power , IIHS and NHTSA that make it the leader in its class, hands down. Check it out.
Top Ten Reasons To Buy A 2009 Mustang
• Unrivalled heritage: More than 9 million Mustangs have been sold since the introduction at the 1964 New York World's Fair. It's the all-American car. Mustangs have always been built in America and the 2009 Mustang continues the tradition, rolling off the lines in Flat Rock, Michigan.
• The performance continues: The current model's 4.6-liter V8 produces 300 horsepower and 320 foot-pounds of torque at 4,500 rpm. The 4.0-liter, single-overhead cam V6 produces 210 horsepower and 240 foot-pounds of torque at 3,500 rpm. For the truly wild, a 5.4-liter Supercharged V8 is available with 500 hp and 480 foot-pounds of torque.
• Fuel Efficient: The V6 has best-in-class fuel economy, sporting 26 miles per gallon on the highway.
• Best-in-Class Safety: The 2008 Mustang GT earned a five-star safety rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the only convertible to garner that mark after tests for frontal crash, side impact and rollover. The Mustang convertible also was tops in highest side-impact performance as tested by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Best in class safety continues on the 2009 model.
• A Steed for Every Need: From Bullitt to Cal Special to GT500 to Warriors in Pink to the Pony Package, Mustang offers a wide range of choices. Whether it's show, go, making a statement about a good cause or a little of each, there's a Mustang for every taste.
• Glass Roof: New for 2009 is a factory-installed Glass Roof, for that open air feel in any weather. With summer in full swing, a convertible is a popular choice. The legendary performance and hot appearance make it easy to understand why Mustang has long been America's best-selling convertible.
• Get it before it's gone: Due to the short model year, it the 2009 45th Anniversary Mustang will be one of the rarest model years of Mustang ever.
• Most Customized Vehicle on the Planet: Make it your Mustang. With hundreds of factory and aftermarket components available, you can make your Mustang look, feel and perform just the way you want it.
• A legacy of quality and value: Mustang received top honors as the Best Midsize Sporty Car by J.D. Power and Associates in its Initial Quality Study in 2007. In addition, VEHIX TV™ just named Mustang among the vehicles with the best resale value, beating out models from Honda, BMW, Porsche, Audi and nearly all domestic automakers.
• With Ford sales being hit hard by economic forces, now is an opportunity to get a great deal on a Mustang. Dealers are soft and ready for the kill. Negotiating your best deal will not only be easy, but you will be surprised and the results. Buy today, save a Ford job tommorrow.