These are good days indeed. Not only has the BOSS 302 returned to the showroom to boost the Mustang legend in true form, but there’s more.
Now you can buy the motor. Ford Racing Performance Parts has now added the engine from the 2012 BOSS 302 to its crate engine line-up. Yep. That means you can put one in virtually any Mustang you can think of. Got an old 1969-1970 Mustang you are looking to do a killer restomod project on? How about a Fox body Mustang. Or maybe you have a newer Mustang GT you just blew the motor on and looking for an upgrade.
The engine is part # M-6007-M50B. It produces the sam 444 horsepower and 380 lb./ft. torque as the identical engine in all 2012 BOSS 302′s. The big differenced it has with the standard Mustang GT engines are CNC ported cylinder heads, forged pistons and “runners in box” composite intake manifold.
You will need to plan on doing some custom wiring and calibration as a vehicle harness and BOSS 302 ECU are not included. And save your money because it costs a little bit, $11,999 MSRP.
Crate engine features:
• 11.0:1 compression ratio
• Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
• Features large sump 8.5 qt oil pan with revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under hard cornering
• Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Ford Racing’s Daytona Prototype engine program
• 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
• High-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
• Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
• Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength
• Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
• Vehicle harness and PCM not included
Boss 302 crate engine shown with optional Ford blue coil pack covers FRPP part # : M-6P067-M50B and NVH insulator pads, Ford dealer part # :CR3Z-6N041-A. sold separately. Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.Engine weight: 444 lbs